Please note: If you have an appointment, we will be in touch as the situation progresses. If you have any questions, we will be checking voicemails and texts at 303.990.9359. Don’t hesitate to be in touch! Thanks for your support!
Thank you so much for your patience during this time. We have been working closely with the State of Colorado, the City of Denver, and the Department of Regulatory Agencies to ensure we are meeting the necessary requirements for the safety of both our clients and stylists. Pending no changes from Denver, we will be opening on a restricted basis on May 9.
Appointments in May and June will not be the appropriate time to make big changes to your hair. Your experience will be a lot different than before the COVID-19 outbreak. Our prices will remain consistent with your previous visits. If you prefer to wait until July/August to ensure you have a more traditional experience, then we would suggest you consider rescheduling.
In an effort to comply with state measures and keep everyone healthy, we are adding a few safety precautions for the immediate future. We apologize, but it is important to keep everyone safe. For now, the salon will operate a little differently than before.
Please keep the following in mind:
- When you arrive, you will have your temperature taken and fill out an electronic symptom form.
- Lucky Lu's has also implemented a liability waiver as there is no legal precedent for COVID-19.
- To ensure we are meeting the state's social distancing requirements, all of our appointments are scheduled for a specific amount of time. It's very important that you are on time. Please wait in your car until your stylist texts you to come in.
- Please arrive at your appointment alone. Please do not bring your kids or anyone else into the salon with you. A child must be old enough to stay inside the salon alone in order to receive a haircut.
- All of our staff will be wearing face masks and ear string face masks are required of our guests as well. Your service will not be performed unless you have a face mask with you.
- We will be implementing social distancing in the salon. If other guests happen to be checking in/out, we may ask you to either wait outside or in another area until our guest services team is free to safely serve you.
- We will be accepting credit/debit cards only.
- For the immediate future, we will not be able to blow dry your hair due to the possibility of spreading the virus through the air, creating an unsafe space for everyone.
- We also will not be allowed to serve any beverages due to the need to remove masks in order to drink them. Please do not bring outside food or beverages.
- If you have an appointment scheduled and are feeling flu-like symptoms or running a fever, or if you've been in contact with anyone who is sick, we ask that you delay your visit and let us help you reschedule for another time. You will not be charged.
- You will need to have clean, freshly washed and DRY hair upon arrival.
- If you are receiving a haircut you will be given a dry haircut when possible.
- You may be asked to rinse out your hair color at home.
- There may be delays due to sanitizing and disinfecting so your patience is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for understanding. As you know, we are all anxious to return to how things used to be, but for now we all will have to do the very best we can! We are all in this together so we all need to be kind and supportive of each other during this difficult time. We miss you all and look forward to seeing you very soon!
“Open your eyes, let it begin with me, brand new day, fresh new way to live. The mornin’ is callin’, walk with me into the sun.”
-Carlos Santana, Everything's Coming Our Way, Santana 3, 1971
October 17, 2018Look at our fabulous new online digs! We’ve worked hard to bring you a sleeker, easy to use website that’s still 100% Lucky Lu’s. Enjoy and let us know if you have any feedback!
“Don’t stop doing what you’re doing, baby.”
-Madonna, Don’t Stop, Bedtime Stories, 1994
October 16, 2018Staying ever fresh and ever nimble, the ladies of Lucky Lu’s will be brushing up on our skills on October 1. First, we plan to get down and dirty with Davines, doing a deep dive into the More Inside and Your Hair Assistant lines. Davines has so much to offer in terms of ingredient quality, performance, and responsible sourcing. We want to make sure we can pass all that goodness onto you. Second, we’re taking out our shears and taking a class on creating more texture and body to the hair without layering. Great for all you shaggy, wavy people out there.
“Stop callin’, stop callin’, I don’t want to talk anymore, I left my head and my heart on the dancefloor.”
-Lady Gaga, Telephone, The Fame Monster, 2009
October 15, 2018You can now text us at the shop! Just send a regular old text message to 303.990.9359 to book an appointment, ask questions, and even send us a picture of your hair and the direction you want to go! No more phone tag. Times are a changin’ people. And we’re into it.
“Park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me.”
-Broken Social Scene, Anthems for a 17 year old girl, You Forgot it in People, 2002
October 14, 2018October and November are the last months of street sweeping for 2019! Avoid your costly ticket by kindly avoiding the East side of Lowell on the 4th Tuesday of the month and likewise with the West side of Lowell on 4th Wednesday of the month. And in case your wondering, yes, they come by multiple times. Happy parking!
In order to respect your stylistʼs schedule, we have a 24-hour cancellation policy. For late cancellations or no show appointments, 50% of your service total will be charged at your next appointment. Appointments made online will automatically be charged 50% through our online booking system.